Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Teachers Write! Week 2 Day 1

This morning Jo suggested we (and our students) do the following type of exercise: 

This is a story about ................................................

But underneath it's really about ......................................................

I don't have a WIP right now; in fact, I'm just warming up to the idea that I might, maybe find time and be capable of writing something could be published.  But I am inspired by some family letters I have a chance to read.  They are sparking lots of questions, both family and research questions. 

If I were to begin to work on a story around these letters, here is how the prompt would work: 

This is a story about a World War II soldier writing letters home. 

But underneath, it's really a story about the history of my family and a young man growing into himself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment